Interested in engaging with scholars, researchers, policy practitioners and the wider public on a pertinent issue of global governance? Join the debate by contributing to The Global!
Choosing a topic
This blog covers a wide range of topics. Please consult our Categories section for some ideas about framing your contribution and selecting a topic. Most importantly, chose a topic you are interested in and passionate about!
The target audience of the blog is broad, including scholars, researchers, students, policy practitioners and the wider public interested in issues relating to global governance or international organizations.
Followers of the blog will have an opportunity to engage in further discussion through comments, or by responding with a blog of their own.
- Length of 500-1000 words (1-2 pages single space), in either English or French.
- Think of a catchy title.
- Include a captivating synopsis of your contribution (about 150 characters).
- Suggest 3-5 keywords/tags pertaining to your topic.
- Include a contact email and few lines about yourself (position, disclaimers, etc.)
- When writing, be mindful of the audience you would like to reach.
- Use accessible language and concise sentences, avoiding jargon and technical words, to reach a broader audience.
- Try to end the blog on a point to provoke further thinking/discussion/call to action.
- Avoid footnotes/citations. Feel free to link to external sources/websites as necessary.
- Please suggest some relevant images in high-resolution (noting copyrights).
- Submit your text in .doc or .docx file format.
- Submit text and images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions will go through a light editing process (proofreading, suggestions).
- There is no guarantee that all submissions will be published.